We were introduced to Ben in spring 2016 when we initiated discussions on building our custom home, and were very fortunate to have Ben as our Project Manager for the duration of our build process. This was our first experience with building a home, on 2 acres, and what stands-out for us while working with Ben is:
– his thorough and patient explanations to our many (OK, more than many) questions; – his relationship with the trades people seemed very positive, respectful, and the trades people wanted to do great work for Ben, the company that they represent, and us
– the client. In our opinion Ben did a great job of balancing our (and his) expectations of high standards and quality of work, while maintaining a good rapport with the trades’ people and working as a team to achieve excellent results.
– his relationship and communication with the design team was very positive and worked really well to keep the project on task / ensure change orders were successfully managed / collaborated with the designers to ensure the correct decisions were being made taking into account all factors, etc.
– he always looked for a solution. Certainly when you are building a custom home or doing a large scale renovation you have to expect hiccups, and Ben did an excellent job of offering solutions – “no” and “can’t” are not in his dictionary.
– the design staff would comment that Ben always got the top trades to work on his projects, which made the process much easier for them too.
– He was very mindful of our budget. Of course we made changes during the build process and Ben would advise us of our options, the “smart decisions” for our home and our budget, and which items we should consider passing on. In the end it is our decision, and we appreciated his input based on his varied experience.
Overall, our experience was very positive. Ben’s expertise was certainly valuable and we were very confident that our investment – financial and our time – was respected, appreciated, and in good hands.
The thought of renovating my house was daunting but working with Ben and his team made the renovation a truly positive experience. His availability, transparency in costs, patience, and consideration for my budget and preferences were key to success. He was attentive to detail, and made the final showing a memorable moment … he transformed a house into our beautiful home! Thank you Ben!
Dr. Brenda Li, Lower Gibsons Renovation
Throughout the total renovation of our home Ben’s communication, attention to detail and most importantly workmanship has resulted in a living space in which we couldn’t be happier!
Paul Wuttunee & Andrea Hill – Sechelt Waterfront Renovation